All About Ava!

Thursday, February 21

February 21st, 2008

OK, so I am jumping on the band waggon and starting a blog. I feel a little silly about doing this - but I have had some requests to document/journal my pregnancy experiences. So, this is my way of getting you all of the info (good and bad, pleasant and unpleasant) about my day to day encounters with being pregnant for the first time. And don't get me wrong - I will have to throw in some non-pregnant stuff now and then, too! Just to keep us all sane and also to ensure that my friends will in fact venture into the wonderful, but scary, world of mommyhood ;) Because I'm sure after reading some of my posts, you might think twice! Don't be scared, just do it!!

Here goes nothing!

Today was pretty uneventful. I decided to work from home since the weather was not on my side. Freezing rain all day is not what I call prime weather to be out and about making sales calls. So, I spent the majority of the day on my computer and on the phone. OK, I must confess - when I say I am working from home, I actually mean shopping online and researching anything and everything I can about pregnancy and baby gear!! There - now that this is off of my chest, I can continue! So, today I bought a pair of maternity "skinny" jeans! I've been looking for a pair that I liked for a while now - I've even ordered a couple with no luck and had to send them back. So, hopefully these will work. Not that they will make me look any skinnier, obviously, but they are too cute! I'm excited to get them in the mail. Tonight we are going to brave the horrible weather and head out to Target to see if we can't get the baby registry started. I excused Pat from having to go through a day of registering at Babies R Us last weekend (my Mom and I went through the pain together instead), so I figure the least he could do is join me for the Target registry. He happily accepted and was really greatful that I didn't subject him to our 6 hour day at Babies R Us! Yes, 6 hours...don't ask! So, I'll be back tomorrow to let you all know how Target went. Hopefully Pat won't get too overwhelmed with all the onesies, carseat/stroller combos, and binkies to choose from! ;)

3 Comments:

At February 21, 2008 at 8:37 PM , Blogger Julie See said...

Yay! I am so glad that I can now be a blog stalker of yours and see all of your pictures of your growing belly and hear your updates! Hope to see you soon! Love ya!

 
At February 22, 2008 at 10:42 AM , Blogger Alysen said...

I love it....I'm addicted to these things lately. While I'm at "work" I always have certain websites I must go look at each day.......this will be a good addition to keep my mind off of working!

 
At February 22, 2008 at 6:32 PM , Blogger Laura said...

This is great! I love it. Now I will be able to keep up on your journey to mommyhood without stalking you with emails all day :) I'm sad I missed you this last weekend, but I hope you found some great things at Babies R Us. Take care and see you soon!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home